Thursday, March 29, 2007

Romans 15:20

Romans 15:20; Paul says, "It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else's foundation."

That verse summarizes how I've always felt about missions. Taking the gospel to people who've never heard Jesus' name. I heard someone say once that, "No one deserves to hear the gospel twice until every person on Earth has heard it once." That's bold and maybe a bit harsh, but I think I agree with it. I think, "What good could I do in a group who hasn't been reached? Maybe I should just join with someone else's effort."

I feel like I can't argue with someone who's already made up their mind about God, but I would love to talk to someone who's never heard of Him, or who believes in a false god.

Just some randomness that I thought I'd write down...

No comments: